Monday, May 18, 2009

Taking the foot off the long skinny one on the right

After the finish on Mary, Queen of Scots, I returned to MBT's The Lord Is My Shepherd. In this one, I discovered a few things... I don't mind stitching alphabets or words, but I'd much rather put more emphasis on motifs. This is a fast stitch but is seeming to lose a bit of steam, but that could also be partially due to a lot of work at the shop.

Oh yes, I did have a comment that sounded a bit like (haha) disbelief, so I'd like to clarify something way out there. DH and I co-own and run a small, boutique-style tattoo shop. (and yes, I can tattoo and I have a nice selection of clients). So I also work with needles... just not the type you want to thread floss through. Couldn't ask for a better gig... this is the most enjoyable job I have ever had, beating hands down even reporting.

Anyway, MBT's WIP as of early last week looks like this below. I haven't taken a new pic yet but there is precious little progress from last week.




I also have done a little bit on Red Velvet Inscription Sampler... just want to finish this sucker quick!

1 comment:

blueladie said...

Wow! Your stitching is wonderful. Found you on a search. Thanks for sharing.

Cathryn