Thursday, June 22, 2006

Flame of the Forest


Here she is...Flame of the Forest!

Also known as a bastardised version of Mildred Torgerson's Star Crazy.

The colours were chosen by my friend Isabelle while waiting for a property developer's shareholder's meeting to end. Belle loves bright colours (she even wants me to make a dress with those colours in it, she told me over lunch today!... oh dear, guess I need to take up tailoring classes soon...)

I started it then, but really put in the majority of the satin stitches and blanket stitches on a journey to the East Coast to attend a friend's wedding, while sweating at the back of the car, dozing, fidgeting and filling the back of said car with loose ends of Perle Cotton no 5 in peach and variegated mango-ish colours.

Finally did the last of the needleweaving and the cutting late late last night...

I still have a bit if 25 fabric left to play with... going to start another doiley... this time in blues... time to look for a fancy name for it.

hmm, should I send a picture of Flame of the Forest to Nordic Needle?

3 comments:

Tempewytch said...

This looks stunning! you must be really pleased with yourself

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Yes ma'am, you need to send a picture to NN! I would give nearly anything to learn how to do such beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Do you remember what colors you used?