Tuesday, January 04, 2011

New year and resolutions

It's been a while since I've been back, haven't I?

Almost a year, and so many changes have been done in life in under a year. The past six months were quite frankly, an eye-opener and not one that I care to repeat.

One long long geographical move, not including the cultural acclimatisation. Seeing all good intentions crumble to dust, big sacrifices completely trivialised, by the people you made the sacrifice for.

Relearning the meaning of friendships and blood ties...some good, some bad. And now, moving on along.

I've been stitching, but not a lot. In the midst of all the chaos and emotional crud, I also lost all desire to blog here (mainly because of the meagre stitching progress), but since its a new year and my stitching sisters, Joyce and Novia and of course, Soozie (aka Flossitute on some BBs) have been so supportive of EVERYTHING, hey, doing those tiny little X'es are just a reminder to keep sanity intact, and when all else goes to pot, make a new start.

Pictures will come in the next post!!! Happy 2011, everyone!

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Hope things get better for you and that you'd find more time to do the things you love to do. May the New Year be one that you find joy and peace in. Take care!

Joysze said...

Welcome back honey. *HUUUUUUUUUUUUG*

bells said...

Welcome back! I think I can relate to some of the negative feelings you've experienced over the past year. It's definitely been a roller-coaster ride for myself as well. And I too lost my desire to stitch. But I forgot how relaxing and excited I get when starting a new piece, or returning to one I'd almost forgotten I'd had. I truly hope that 2011 is a better year for you, and that your stitching Mojo keeps up :)
Big hugs!!