Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Finished fans, a new start on green and more

Well, I was meaning to update and blog sometime last week -- but work and an active schedule and a workout routine somehow takes the wind out of my sails and then the next thing you know, you defer blogging until a full seven days has passed... but I guess better late than never, right?

Here she is, finally finished. I might send it off to my mother before the year's end... maybe she can frame and hang it for Chinese new year? (but I am willing to bet the unframed stuff I have already given her is still.... unframed....)

It is a bit sad that my mom doesn't really understand the immense therapeutic value of stitching because I think she could get into it. But she prefers to sew curtains, etc, so I guess it is ok. My mother isn't very crafty... she prefers TV or books. My grandma is amazing... she could sew, embroider, crochet and she's handed me many a useful tip even after her needlework days are over. (And my god, can she cook)

Anyway, here is Joan Elliott's Fans of the Far East. 4 years a WIP, teehee. but a WIP no more.



And then after all these finishing, I was just itching for a new start. So, I begun a project ... St Sylvestre, Rosemarkie and St Georges are going to be stitched. Then I'll present them to my brothers, and we'll each have one of them. This is kind of to show we are so different, yet so much alike, hehe. (btw, they are all designed by Longdog Samplers)


This is St Sylvestre, just a small start:



And Indigo Rose's My Michelle. I renamed it My Brenda. Brenda is one of my best friends.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Your fans turned out wonderfully! I hope your mom get them framed and hung on the wall. It would be a shame not too.

St. Sylvester - those greens, I LOVE THEM! Can't wait to see this one grow.

Azie said...

what else can i say ??? your fans look sewwww AWESOME & GORGEOUS !!!! wish they're all mine !!

Joysze said...

Ooooh ya, you did blog. Hehehehe.